View Single Post
Old 08-12-2016, 01:41 AM   #13
ck5566
Account Suspended

Re: GLASSPACKS-Who manufactures the best one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
The first day I ran like that a cop gave me a ticket. He passed going the opposite direction and noticed I was loud, but didn't do anything. He said it wasn't till he could still here me through the woods after we both had turned onto parallel roads with the woods between that he came looking for me! I had picked up my friend and was headed out when he found me 10 minutes later. I guess that was a little loud

I bought my first set of Thrush Hush mufflers that same week. That was Thrush's answer to stricter sound level laws that were being implemented around the country in the mid-70s. Basically, the beginning to the end of glass pack popularity.
Speaking of Thrush Hush mufflers back in the late 70's Me & the Wife had a 70 1/2 Z28 350 LT1 pumped just a little and I did install the Thrush Hush shorty mufflers right from the Collector tubes starter tail pipe. Talk about LOUD, yep yep

PS I also had Cherry Bombs on my 57 Cadillac, we ran it on the free way to heat them up and then ran the garden hose up the pipes, probably did the same thing in melting the fiberglass. it was a sweet sounding Cad.

Last edited by ck5566; 08-12-2016 at 01:47 AM.
ck5566 is offline   Reply With Quote