View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 02:51 PM   #20
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: Dropmember Rear 63-72 Spy Pic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
I have the sbc DM because that's what was installed in the truck when I made the purchase...
That explains a lot. I was wondering if this would work- glad you're guinea pigging it for us!
Quote:
I made 'adapter' plates that are bolted to the LS block & prepped them for both the 'stock' sbc location as well as the 1" set back. After my initial attempt last night, the sbc holes in the plate were very close. The issue I did run into was between the height of the truck intake & the depth of the truck pans sump it was very difficult to get a confirmation that adapter plates will work.
The overall height will be the same. The supplied motor mounts from PB are the same for LSX or SBC; the only difference is in where the mounting tabs are welded to the crossmember.
Quote:
From info I found via the net, the f-body pan is 3" more shallow vs. the truck pan. What I'm trying to confirm @ this time is specifics on the Caddy CTSv pan. It's very similar to the f-body pan dimensionally & apparently uses the same windage tray as the trucks (which means less stuff to buy/mess with).
The truck windage tray can be modified to work with the Camaro pan. The CTS pan may prove to be unobtanium. Though the F-body pans don't exactly grow on trees these days...

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote