View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 12:39 PM   #5
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Re: Eastwood buffing kit for billet wheels??

If you look on the internet for an item called a "Razor buff", you will find several outlets that sell them. The razor buffs come in a couple different sizes and if you look at the different course materials in a 3" buff diameter, then you will find what you need. You will also need a die grinder (electric or air) and a tapered spindle to mount the buff onto. I purchased a cheap air grinder form one of those tool sales that show up at most swap meets and it works great for this. I use the yellow buff to cut anything that is really corroded and the white buffs for the next two steps. Use wet-n-dry sandpaper to get your metal to a near smooth finish (use WD-40 as a lubricant) then start by using a dark polish material to cut the metal to a shine and then use a green to polish and the white to give it a final color polish. Use a setail spray to clean the metal after a polish evolution and then hand polish with something like mothers to clean the final residue out of the metal. I also use a metal sealer to keep the soap and dirty water from collecting in the metal afterwards. I use a Wizard's product for my wheels.

Never put to much pressure on your polishing pad. Try it out by practicing on your fingernail. Put the pad on it and run it back and forth until your you understand what you want.
Attached Images