View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 03:14 AM   #3
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Few things......

Yesterday, Lee and his dad John came around by 12.00 to drop off the wheels and extra seats (originals) for the Blazer and also a dash mat, though the dash on this truck is unmarked and not cracked.

They were down at the garage for a while and we chatted cars.

John, who owned the Blazer and recommissioned it, told me about all the other stuff he had done to it over time, and reckons he could have as much as 200 hours into it. He certainly replaced quite a lot of stuff, that one does not always think of when recommissioning a car. And I am glad it’s all done already.

Just add fuel and drive.

Sounds a lot of time invested, but then you will see in a bit, what I got done over 4 hours late afternoon once I eventually made it to the garage for real, in fact I was busy for a minimum of 3 hours and have a bit of sheet metal to show for it.

A set of four alloys, which will be for sale, immediately as I like the steels on the truck.

Rear bench seat.......

Excellent condition. Getting stored for now.

Front seats, actually are the same height and in good, if grubby condition.

Weirdly, I still prefer the colour of the ones fitted to the truck.

Part of my time wasting in the morning was ironing 17 work shirts, doing laundry, cleaning house etc, a mans work is never done.

Then I pulled the Blazer forward from the garage and turned Prozac around and drove it head first into the property, I always reverse stuff down the side of the house.

And then a few pics, the left side of Prozac is lined up with the right side of the truck, just to show how much wider it is.

Yes, that is really how wide, though a bit of an optical illusion I guess.

By 2.00 pm Caleb who had looked after the cats came back from his two weeks in Europe, to collect his stuff as he had found a temporary job in London and a place near work to stay.

MY USA ROAD TRIP FOR 2018 REPORT: http://forum.retro-rides.org/thread/...2018-humdinger

Once he had packed up and we had a coffee and catch up I took him to Rochester station in Prozac, for a guy claiming to live a gypsy life, he has a lot of stuff to carry. Van worked perfectly, again.

After dropping him off, I Reversed Prozac back and saw this in the mirror, made me smile.

By now it was 2.45 and I had a quick coffee and sandwich, then headed out to the garage to start looking at the “bit of rust” that I had seen and been shown when buying the Blazer.

I am under no illusions and was expecting more rust, randomly.

So there will be no surprises, rather pleasant discoveries of good sheet metal to work with and attach patches to.

Harley was looking on and I left the house.

Did she know something I did not??

More later on the closer inspection and smiles.

Last edited by Grizz1963; 11-03-2018 at 03:22 AM.
Grizz1963 is online now   Reply With Quote