View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 04:41 PM   #16
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Once Henry and I had a coffee and a chat plus did a short list of tasks to get to for the day, we headed down to the garage.

Decided to raise the rear end and fit the new rear shocks.....

This is Henry’s happy face.

OCD (One Chance Dude)

When he came up for air after looking in under the truck.

So what have we got here....??

Next to the license plate.

Pipes....... WTF??

So it seems we have an adjustable rear air assisted shock combo with the springs fitted.

The whole rear end was upgraded so that the truck could tow when it was used by John to do European trips.

We dropped the rear and started on the front.

Plan was to lubricate all the nipples, replace the front springs and shocks and reassemble at a more decent ride height.

While under the front end, I measure the existing springs, they came up as 11 inches or about 280mm

The springs PaulY gave me we’re part of a performance upgrade pack, and measure in at 17 inches.

So surgery will certainly be on the books.

Here are the specifications of a standard spring, only 13 inches it seems.

Ultimately, we could not get the lower ball joint to release, hammers, splitter etc.....

So we eventually gave up, reassembled the front end and @PaulY will be over next weekend to help me again, possibly putting much more calculated force into splitting the ball joints.

So once the tools were cleaned up, front end on the ground, another coffee and chat, we decided to quickly tackle the rear side panels that I had made and prepared through the week.

Each fitted a side........

Thankful to say that Captain OCD went in with a cloth and a tin of furniture polish to liven up the vinyl.

Happy boy for sure.

Tailgate, glass, carpet and fabric cleaned up, thenspare wheel and great little tool bag for jack, fanbelts, pipes and a few spare bits back the rear.

I really do not think that the red looks that red in there now.

On Sunday evening Dez Stringer posted up this pic, in there was a spare part for the truck, kindly donated by Kerry From Wales.

So a great weekend all in and as far as I am concerned, a lot achieved.

Thank you all for looking in and your comments.

Roll on Saturday.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote