View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 04:31 AM   #19
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Some more Artsy-Fartsy thinking required.

The truck has a grey fabric roof liner in the front above driver and passenger section, held in place with a bunch of pins.

So, I bought this blanket last year some time at a Bootfair.

So do I sacrifice it or put it away?

The plan is to remove and spray the rear glassfibre canopy in white Rhino liner on the outside and black on the inside, keeping it as it is, and just adding texture.

Let’s see what you guys who know, think.

Got home from London tonight and found a box in front of the kitchen door

Wooooot !!

Unpacked it and looked at what £320.00 buys you when you are building a “Not a project” car.

Remember last weekend Henry and I could not get the lower ball joint to release, despite loads of gentle and not so gentle wallops with big hammers.

So @PaulY volunteered to come over next Saturday and use his mechanical know how of hammer blows to remove the lower ball joints so that I could get the replacement springs in.

While chatting, we decided to replace the lower control arm ball joints, swiftly followed by me making a judegement call and deciding to replace upper control arm ball joints, tie rod ends, all the rubber bushes, wheel bearings, seals and front disc brake pads.

AS THESE HAVE MOSTLY NEVER BEEN REPLACED.

This should ensure an improved drive, handling and hopefully also the MOT for the next few years.

I am getting the feeling more and more that this truck has actually only done 105k miles in its life, and being from California the lack of terminal rust on sheetmetal, and all the chrome looking as good as it does points in that direction. I could also be completely wrong.

Anyway, hopefully, weather and rusted nuts permitting, we may have a rebuilt/serviced front end by Saturday evening.

So there you go.

A list and pile of parts to make this Blazer even better than it is now.

Maybe this is now becoming a Project.

Later.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote