View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 05:04 PM   #1081
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Timber View Post
I thought the center caps turned out great. Are they not nice enough to use with the refinished wheels? I'm sure you know, but those plastic lug nut covers are fairly cheap if yours don't clean up as well as you'd like.

Great progress and pics.
Evening John,

Yes, the caps are cheap, even once shipped and taxed by the queen, with the price pretty much doubling. I only have 11 of them, so will pretty certainly buy a full set if none come up for sale over here.

The centre caps are good enough vs the $140 they will cost to land a set of 4

And I am happy to use them.

My SKY internet and WiFi was down for 24 hrs, and where I live, my mobile signal is 2 bars on 3G and intermittently 1 bar of 4G

So a struggle to work from home.

However, by 08.00 I got onto this.........

Then late afternoon, well, just after 4.00pm I got out the Poorboys wheel wax.

The stuff is sooo frugal.

You hardly use any.

I did both the fronts and rears of the wheels.

Once it dries, after 10 plus minutes, you buff it all off with a micro fibre cloth.

Hard to believe it makes a difference, and I tried to feel if it felt any smoother, no idea.

But happy to believe that it will aid maintenance.

Once I was done, looking at how little of this stuff I had used, and that is on both sides, I was amazed at just how frugal it is.

At £14.00 delivered for the tub, I suspect one could expect to do another 50 wheels or more.

Another step closer to fitting.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote