View Single Post
Old 11-28-2016, 01:10 AM   #77
Techie79

Re: My 1958 GMC 100 Stepside Budget Build

Thanks ptc. This is definitely not a budget build as in just patch it up and drive it but it is a build on a very tight budget. I have always been a true believer in doing everything that I possibly can myself whether I can afford to have someone else do it or not. As I said early on this is my first project of my own and as frustrating and time consuming as some of it can be I am loving every minute of it.

Over the long weekend I managed to finish sand blasting the front axle, springs, and all of the other small front end parts. After cleaning up all of the sand and the mess of dust in the garage I got the first coat of Chassis Saver put on Saturday evening. I was really surprised on how thin this stuff is. I chose to brush it on so it would be a little thicker but now I am wondering if that was a mistake. This stuff is so thin that even though I was being careful not to put it on too thick I found this morning that I have runs everywhere. It was too late at that point to do anything about it so I went ahead and put a second coat on the frame and depending on how it looks after it has finished drying I may have to sand out the runs and and carefully put on another coat. I also managed to get paint on the front axle and all of the other smaller suspension parts. I have new center bolts for the springs on the way so hopefully get some paint on them later this week.

Techie79 is offline   Reply With Quote