View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 08:10 PM   #1
notyo_cheez

Cool 1993 seat in a 84 cab - how I did it

To read the original thread and discussion on this topic go here- LINK

Removed base from 93 seat. Cut one piece of 18 ga unistrut to fit width of seat. (Unistrut can be found at Home Depot, about $20 for a 10' piece. In the electrical department. It is typically used with threaded rods and other hardware to suspend overhead conduit, pipes, etc. in commercial/industrial installations although it's a multipurpose product.)

Mounted screws in holes, applied a dab of red paint on the screw heads so I'd know where to drill.

This is a lousy pic, shows the seat brackets from the 81 mounted on the unistrut after I had them on the floor of the cab to mark their position. Used 1" 5/16 grade 8 hex bolts and nuts, flat and lock washers. Marked for the holes in the unistrut with a Sharpie, worked out pretty well.

Mocked up in the donor cab, another lousy pic. Took a little persuasion but the bracket holes lined up in the nuts in the floor. Got started a little late today so this was all I managed to get done.

Don't have 220 or a MIG for the garage (yet?) so this was my best effort. Will have to take it all apart again and send the bottom seat upholstery to a shop to get the tear fixed, or I might just get it all redone. Thinking about a custom hot rod job using Mexican saddle blankets, haven't decided yet...

Last edited by augie; 02-18-2012 at 07:58 PM.