View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 01:26 AM   #63
vetnat

Re: Another parts store funny.

I actually had a good experience with a "parts boy" one time. I purchased a BMW from California and had it shipped up to Minot, ND, so I could import it across the border to Canada myself. In February. When the trucker attempted to unload my new car, the battery was dead. As in, was low from sitting on the lot in California, and now was a busted block of ice in North Dakota winter. BMW was obviously going to buy me a new battery, however there is no dealership in the state of North Dakota. Trucker needs to unload my car and get on his way. So, off I go frantically searching for a battery for a 1 year old Beamer, they are the size of a tractor battery with all the electrical accessories. I think NAPA was my last hope. The 2 or 3 ol' fellas behind the counter tell me they can't help me. Then, a kid working there, about 18, with spiky hair and multiple facial piercings comes over, looks it up, tells me there are 2 kinds that will work, which would I like? My hero. Seriously. My dad says this scenario happened because I was looking for a part for a cool new car, so the punk kid actually new more about it than the ol' fellers. Anyway, I was seriously grateful. And just in case you were wondering, I also have a 1961 GMC I am working on
vetnat is offline   Reply With Quote