View Single Post
Old 10-28-2021, 04:03 PM   #16
grousehunter 61

Re: Rear differential

If it's not one thing it's another, it's buttoned up 80-90 oil installed and still on the jack stands. fired it up and ran for 20 min in reverse, stopped and ran it 20 min in drive, no noise or clunks, no wine ( not the drinking kind ) no leaks found the lug nuts, they were in a plastic bag in the traveling tool box. Got it down from the jack stands, forward no problem, reverse nothing, drive shaft is not turning so it's not the rear end. Low on trans fluid, ? maybe, two quarts, still nothing, it wants to go but nothing seems to be connected in reverse. Before the rear end went out I had both forward and reverse, it never was a problem. I don't see how anything could go wrong just sitting on jack stands for a couple of months and as I said , with the wheels off the ground they turned both ways. I will fill it until the transmission fluid runs out the dip stick hole. I have a dirt driveway so no telling how much trans fluid leaked out and that's where it was sitting but it never leaked before, so why now.
grousehunter 61 is offline   Reply With Quote