View Single Post
Old 09-24-2016, 01:27 AM   #85
Ace228

Re: 1972 Blazer "SPECIAL EDITION" factory 396?

I know its been a couple years since this thread started, but I thought I would give some info. The Blazer in this thread is still for sale. I went and looked at it, and it definitely has some issues. It's a decent rig if your looking for a body off resto though. I made an offer to the guy, even after doing research and seeing this thread. When it came time to buy it, he brought out a title from Wyoming that wasn't in his name. The back of the title was filled out by the apparently deceased former owners, but had lines through their signatures. The title also notes that it has to be signed in front of a notary public, which it was not. Next to the crossed out signature of the former female registered owner, was her signature a second time. I'm a police officer and deal with scams all the time. The second signature was obviously forged and had a different sale date. I walked away from the sale. I know this wasn't a special 72 Blazer, but it was still in decent condition to rebuild. It pisses me off that someone would try to sell something knowing full well it would take years of legal litigation for the new owner to get in their name.
Ace228 is offline   Reply With Quote