Thread: 55.2-59 seat belts in a 59
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 02:00 PM   #5
Driver_WT

Re: seat belts in a 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by davecarney2 View Post
What are you all running for seat belts in your 2nd series. Wanting to put them in my 59. Pictures would be greatly appreciated. Being that there is no upper mount how did you go about that?

Thanks in advance
We welded in a backing plate for shoulder belt mounting point between the back window and the door in our 53 Chevy Truck. We made backing plates that looked like this https://www.seatbeltplanet.com/i-304...SADEgKkevD_BwE

Then drill a hole in the interior sheet metal panel in the corner where the shoulder belt mounting point will be, fish the plates up through the space between interior and exterior sheet metal, then tack weld backing plates in place.

Then you buy a set of seat belts from a number of places. We also reinforced the floor where the seat belt retractor and center end of seat belt will bolt through the floor.

Sorry, not near my truck for a few months, so no pics to share.

You can also get seats from around a 2006 Silverado that have seat belts and shoulder belts built into the seat, but the seats are quite large. I tried those for my AD but they were going to be too big for what we wanted.

Wade