Thread: Wampus Cat
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2023, 12:30 PM   #195
SCOTI

Re: Wampus Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by franken View Post
Maybe my logic is flawed, but my air setup is long horizontal runs rather than long verticals. The runs are angled down slightly ~.25"/foot. Water has to drain back to the tank or blow through the water separator. I don't like the 5 valves that have to be drained after water condenses or it gathers and turns real nasty.
I used black 3/4" pipe and made it modular with unions in the verticals so I can add 40' sections easily. The filters, regulator and dryer is also attached w/ a union so they come off as a ~3' section.
It prob works just fine w/your angled horizontal runs but the vertical runs would seem better to me. I would think gravity favors each vertical 'run' (2x uprights into a drain) vs the angled-horizontal w/o as many drain accumulation points. I

I did this using cheap Northern Tool China sourced 50' neon-orange airline on my garage wall after looking into a copper plumbed arrangement. I figured while the copper would offer better cooling vs the plastic hose, the hose should still be effective & was much cheaper/faster @ the time. I originally routed the airline in angled sloped runs but changed it to vertical runs w/drains @ the bottom of each loop like TxCajun.

I came off the compressor discharge & straight into the cheap hose. Each run up the wall had a brass drain tied in @ the bottom (180° loops top & bottom). The very end of the line had a drain as well & the discharge routing back into the compressors tank was 'T'd inline18" above the 'end of loop' drain. It was all tied together w/serrated fittings & worm-gear style hose clamps. Worked well & allowed using my plasma cutter w/o issue (that was my main reason for the set-up. PC's apparently DO NOT like moisture).

I took the set-up down when I moved out of the house. it lasted far longer than I expected given the hose quality (~9yrs w/o issue).
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 03-20-2023 at 12:38 PM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote