View Single Post
Old 02-17-2021, 03:55 PM   #2344
BAM55

Re: Kabwe's aka Bam's build

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod1 View Post
Hey BAM

Everything looks great. We all knew it would though. Your work is always spot on.

Questions: How low is the lowest part (front of the door or back of the fender) of the truck from the ground? How close is your engine pan or transmission pan from the ground also?

Did you run spacers between the chassis and the cab - either solid or flexible and if so, what did you run?
Thanks man.

Your question as to the lowest part. I don't go by transmission and front or back of fenders. I go by front suspension cross member. because that is the lowest part under the truck. If that clears not problem with the trans. My cross member is 4 1/2 inches front the ground. That is with my a arms parallel with the ground.

Question 2. Yes I did have to shim (metal body shims) the cab in the front. It closed the gap at the bottom of my front fenders and door.

I hope this answered your question. If you really want that measurement that you ask for I could get them for you no problem but like I said I never measure for them. Your not wrong to do it that way, I just dont.
BAM55 is offline   Reply With Quote