View Single Post
Old 11-02-2023, 08:03 AM   #7
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: 5.9 cummings 12v question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Did the fuel filter fix your problem? If not verify your fuel shut off solenoid is pulling the lever all the way up. If not you may not be getting full fueling.
Forgot to post back here. I did change the fuel filter. It had been on there since 2019 (truck has not had 20 miles put on it since I brought it home from buying it) I have not driven it back on the road yet but I have a long driveway of about 2000 ft and it seems to be a lot better now.

One thing that I am not sure if related, but the pedal will no longer return to idle on its own and I had to use my foot under the pedal to lift it back up. I put an external set of springs on the engine side to help bring it back to idle for now. It is just a yard truck so to speak at this point. Since I am not very familiar with the diesels I will grab a picture of what I did to see if you think that might have been my issue as well
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is online now   Reply With Quote