View Single Post
Old 03-13-2024, 12:14 PM   #1517
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

Always loved a Woody.

Now some of you, who, like me, love words, will know that the word has multiple meanings.

Including in no specific order: erection, place with trees, a fragrance note, a taste in many things, wine, Whiskey, mushrooms, musical tone, an automotive style enhancement, a cartoon character.
The list goes on and on.

I went out to look at a car yesterday.

Well, it was not the first or second time, I really went out to see if it had been sold yet as it was introduced to me at around midday on 10th February.

But being in the unenviable position of owning not one, two or three, but FOUR PERFECTLY CAPABLE CARS it really had to blow my mind if it were to come home with me. Rules are after all rules. And the rule is normally two cars, a ****ter/project and a Sunday toy, with a company car out front. Unexpected Redundancy saw the company car being replaced by the VW Caddy as daily, The Astro bought in August before redundancy and the Rezin Rockit being an amazing build in 2022/23 equated the project. Then came the completely unexpected arrival of the 206CC and my current in process, unearthing of my 1966 Chevy C10 stalked restoration project which now will have to go ahead, once I have cleared the rest of the garage space and done an inventory of the 100’s of new parts and to be cleaned up parts. Then the build will recommence and maybe my YouTube channel will start having a more focused if predictable content stream.

Over time this changed somewhat.

I had already introduced it to you all before when I went to look and asked 101 questions.

The last 4-5 weeks I have been driving by where the Camaro was parked a few times like a masochist. Even Sally has reported a couple of times that she had seen it was still there.

But I have not been able to get rid of any of the existing fleet.

Admittedly I have not been trying very hard.

Yesterday I posted off a parcel and went home via a 5 mile detour to see if the car in question, the Camaro, was still there.

It was.

As was the son of the owner, and his sister in a big Range Rover Overfinch V8 Twin Turbo diesel.

So I reversed onto the drive.

Spent some time with them indoors being offered furniture and crockery etc.

We ended up speaking about the blue elephant in the room.

A Woody that the sisters kids used to ride in, her son is 21 years old now.
I showed interest and asked if the woody would be available for rehoming.

They agreed that if I was that interested it could go with me.

So I then got the owner to start up and show me the Camaro.

Took some videos and photos and found out one injector on the motorway is dead. It is accessible. And that the waterpump is leaking. Add to that, the four cracked up dead tyres that need replacing and I was feeling more and more that I needed an unloved model Camaro in my life.

Once done, the owner drove off to the council tip with his Overfinch loaded with the result of breaking up his parents’ furniture and throwing it away. Sad really.

And I got going with unearthing my yard find Woody.

As found.

Took a few minutes to unearth and remove the garden bed in the trunk. also many many snails.

At this point I did wonder if this pic was indicative of what the Camaro represents.

But of course being the man I am, I don’t shy away from a fight…..

Managed to load it into the Caddy and headed West.

Once back home it was unload and get it into the back yard.
Hosepipe in the rain and give it a quick wash and hose down

I was really happy.

These are rare AFAIK.

Love it.

I took it down to the carport and parked it next to the Rezin Rockit.

As for the CAMARO……

I did make a quick short video of it starting and running.

The exhaust note is really subtle and pleasant.

My Astro van is a bit more of a thug.

It also sports a 4.3 V6 compared to the Camaro’s 3.4 V6.

Getting into and sitting in the Camaro is akin to sitting down on a skateboard.
And I possibly felt like a tank commander when he directs his machine down the road.
I had no clue where to front and rear of the car started or ended.

Like sitting in a blacked out fishbowl.

VIDEO:

https://youtu.be/NRFCKsfUCiM?si=42L5YAnBfr7mcclY

And I still don’t know.
Grizz1963 is online now   Reply With Quote