View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 02:56 PM   #149
smbrouss70

Re: Ratchet's Blazer - 1970 2wd with Original paint

Nah, it's not a surprise to anybody but my wife when I told her how much.

I wanted to go up in size, but keep the theme of a classic Hot Rod and still have a wheel that not everybody runs. I fell in love with the wheels that superflysteiny "was" going to put on Cheap Trick, the American Racing Gassers, so the decision was pretty easy for me. I don't want to tub the Blazer and have to cut down the back seat, so I am only going to run a 20x10.5 with the minimum back-spacing (for that deep look) and narrow one of my "extra" rear ends. I am hoping that if I do the mod that n2billet did on Lucy, I may be able to stuff a 315/35/20 in there and make it tuck, if not, I'll run a 295/40/20 like everybody else. On the front, it will be a 20x8.5 with the maximum backspacing, which is only 4.5" due to the dish that the wheel centers have. That is why I had to order a set of narrowed PB arms to get them to tuck in a bit more. I'm not sure what size tire I will run on the front because it will depend on what I can fit in the rear.

I already have some Slam Specialties bags, Viair 480C compressors, and an Accuair system that was going to get used on my other truck, so I'll just steal those from it. That truck will get built after the Blazer is done and will be setup for Auto-X'ing, so it doesn't need bags anymore.

Here's some pics since I won't have the wheels and arms in my hands for a month or two, you know how that goes... I also added some pics from Lucy, in case you don't know the mod that n2billet did. SactoJim also put these wheels on his beautiful truck, which shows how they look with a blue similar to mine, although in an 18" size.
Attached Images

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -- Will Rogers
R.I.P. Oscar

R.I.P. Ratchet

1967 Pontiac GTO - Dad was the Original Owner
1970 Chevy 2wd SWB "Oscar's Truck"
1970 Chevy 2wd Blazer "Ratchet's Blazer"
2013 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax/Allison Z71 LTZ "Brown Sugar"
2017 Chevy Suburban "BDB"
2020 Chevy Blazer Premier "Foxy"

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Shop Build
smbrouss70 is offline   Reply With Quote