View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 10:12 PM   #12
Lost 40

Re: "Fair and Square" Build Thread

Haven't been able to do much since starting this thread, due to a job change and moving the family, but we are settled for now, and since we are renting until our house sells, I figure why not work on the truck.

I put the new door panels and hardware on. Changed from the stock burgundy to black. I thought it turned out clean and sharp.

I used that upholstery paint from LMC on the arm rests, hoping I could salvage them. The finish turned out excellent, so I put the arm rests back on. I am very pleased since now I won't have to buy replacements.

I tried the paint on the original door panels as well, but that did not hold up so well. It easily scratched revealing the original color underneath. So I bought black replacement panels.

The aluminum door insert wasn't of the quality I thought it would be. The driver side insert had the center holes drilled in the incorrect spot, so I had to drill new ones. It still mounted up nicely though, and gives some contrast to the black.

I also replaced all my window door seals and window scraper seals. What a pain in the you know what, but I am glad its done now. I think what I tore out was original, because it was so brittle.

Will be moving on to the dash next, then carpet and seats. I like the black with the stock gold paint. They contrast nicely. More to come.
Attached Images

350 Turbo Trans

"Keep it rubber side down, in between the ditches"
Lost 40 is offline   Reply With Quote