View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 08:12 PM   #201
Steve-W

Re: 1969 Custom/10 clean up

So, I ended up taking my steering gear, intermediate shaft and coupler to the shop, because nothing fitted together. they fixed it and I picked it up yesterday, but didn't have time yet to put it in.
In the mean time I have been taking my truck apart, because there were a couple of things bothering me. first of all my left header runs against the lover control arm. the right side is fine, but left sits to low.
So I thought of putting in new engine mounts, perhaps that would lift the engine a bit. I don't need much, half an inch would do the trick.
but ofcourse to get to the engine mounts, the headers had to come off and while in the process of removing them I spotted some wiring which was routed wrongly.
Also I was not happy the way I did the plumming of the brake lines and where the brake distributor was sitting. So BigMike, I stole your idea and did almost the same setup you have. I first had to weld a bracket, paint it and it turned out ok. but for the life of me, how do you get the lines to go straight and looking clean...because if you look at the brake lines for the front...pff, very messy..but at this stage I just can't care less and it will have to do for the DMV check in hopefully two weeks?

1950 GMC 100
1958 Chevy C60 Viking ratrod
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote