View Single Post
Old 02-09-2024, 04:41 PM   #53
1972CheyenneSuper

Re: '72 Super Project: Updates!

Next up was re-installing the factory headliner. I wasn't too crazy about using contact cement and having to try to build some sort of crazy plate and post system to hold it while it dried. So I elected to use some "industrial" strength Velcro. Not sure how how industrial it is as I got it at Home Depot, but worst case it doesn't' work and I get to redo and glue. Although after installing it, it seems to be strong stuff. Middle of summer heat and sun will be the test of that though.

Also installed the cargo light and rear paint divider trim.

Many hours were spent running the painless harness and the Terminator X harness and co-linking the necessary circuits. Decided to go with the ecm under the passenger side bucket seat. I didn't want to go up under the dash and it wasn't quite long enough to reach the removed fuel tank area which would've been my first choice. I also thought about maybe in the center console, but I felt this was the best choice. Everything will be able to access fairly reasonably. I annealed and bent a piece of aluminum to raise it up some and help hide it from view. I also wanted to be able to vacuum easily and not collect debris.

Last edited by 1972CheyenneSuper; 02-09-2024 at 05:00 PM.
1972CheyenneSuper is offline   Reply With Quote