View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 07:36 AM   #42
special-K
Special Order

Re: Emergency Vehicles!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleuh1 View Post
Thanks Special-K. No time for joining special clubs, too many fires to put out.
Posted via Mobile Device
You & me both! I'm not a club kinda guy,either. But,I pay dues to ATHS to keep it strong and they give you a magazine with free classified section. I hit a gathering in a local member's shop in January,which is something to look forward to in the dead of winter. There's a Saturday local chapter show 1st weekend of May that I sometimes pop in on,if I'm not too busy. On Father's Day weekend I like to go to the fantastic national show of the ATCA at Macungie,PA and in September there's a Tri-State (MD,VA,PA) show that attracts trucks from many other states. These last two I try to always attend. And those are camp overnight events and have a swap meet. So two weekends a year leave me 50,which ain't too bad. Heck,I'm a life member of HOG and never went to a single thing they do. I just collect the pins & patches they send every year . I mostly joined that when you used to have to be a member to do the Harley Fly-N-Ride thing...which I never took advantage of and now anyone with a MC license (and a lot of money) can do.
The main reason I suggested joining such a club is for a great resource for vintage fire apparatus

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote