View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 03:12 PM   #44
Whumbachumba

Re: Our 55 Chevy 3100

Headlights and park/turn signals are now working properly. Still need to mount the high beam switch, but it works too.

Still an issue with the gauge cluster not working. All connections are made, but things like fuel doesn't register and stays on E even though there is plenty of fuel in the tank. I think it might be a 12v to 6v issue? When we got the 350 we went with a 12v system and the American Autowire harness is 12v. I may be mistaken on the 2nd series being a 6v though.

Driver side door is hung and closes. Not a properly flush fit, but it does latch and holds shut. That's the priority right now. Passenger side door is a mess with a bottom portion of the skin not being their. Will have to get that taken care of before it's put on the truck too.

Need to get plenty of bolts/nuts/washers to get the front body work rebolted and not just ziptied together with minimal bolts. Need to order new seat cover and get that on and the seat back in. Glass still needs to be ordered for doors and all of it installed. Then hood/bed mounted and taillights ordered/installed. Hopefully we can get her road worth by the end of the year!

Video of my first time starting the truck at the shop

Oh, the nuts to hold on the rear shocks to the frame/axle. I don't have them. What size are they?

Last edited by Whumbachumba; 09-27-2017 at 03:22 PM.
Whumbachumba is offline   Reply With Quote