View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 09:58 PM   #122
67chevy1series

Re: 65 dodge d100 crew cab AKA ''she wants the D''

A lot of people think I just being "trendy" and going with the LS to be a "cool kid" instead of being more "unique" and going with a modern Hemi or a Cummins, now I will give the Hemi credit, it makes pretty good HP and pretty good Torque, the only problems are its pretty expensive and harder to find a used Hemi motor to buy and there a pretty large motor and probably more heavy then other motors. And the Cummins is great for pulling, towing, and hauling has good torque, but unless you do some modifications there still a diesel and diesels are meant for torque and not so much horsepower, horsepower can be achieved with a diesel but it take some parts, but the cummins is still a long heavy motor. The LS is one of the only modern motors that is relatively small in size, good HP, good torque, fairly light weight, and is fairly cheap and easy to find used or even rebuilt, it's perfect for cruising down the highway doing some hauling and towing, and getting decent mileage (especially since the dodge will be roughly 1600lbs lighter then the silverados that those LS motors have to pull around), that's why I'm recalling hearing towards the LS swap. What I also find funny is LS swap are a common swap, and although there has been sweptlines LS swapped, there's still very very few of them, the more common motors found in the sweptlines that I've been seeing is either the old school mopar sbc's, bbc's, new hemi's and cummins swaps. So in a way by putting an LS in my 65 I'm actual long doing a more uncommon "untrendy" swap haha
67chevy1series is offline   Reply With Quote