View Single Post
Old 04-15-2015, 12:55 AM   #124
67chevy1series

Re: 65 dodge d100 crew cab AKA ''she wants the D''

Well rounded up some stuff on Monday, managed to get the steering joint that connects to the ford rack from a Lincoln LS and I also got all 4 of the right bolts, they were much cheaper then I had anticipated. Also made some metal pieces from the cardboard templates I made and smas I started to weld those in I got to the last piece to complete the driver side rail and as I was getting everything in position to weld I hear the welder turn off..... And well I'm thinking it's pretty much dead, unless there's a fuse inside under a panel or something I'm pretty sure the circuit board or whatever it uses in there might be fried, I checked all connections, and I made sure the plug in in the wall was getting power and it didn't just pop the breaker. So as of right now progress on finishing the frame is to a halt. I did manage to weld those tabs on for the rear mounting points of the crossmember and primer the portion of the frame where the crossmember is with the weld thru primer. And I can still drill the holes in the frame for the front mounting points. So I'm going to see if I can take it to a buddies house and finish the welding there.
67chevy1series is offline   Reply With Quote