View Single Post
Old 12-20-2021, 06:24 AM   #3270
special-K
Special Order

Re: My Facetruck thread.

That's what I should have done. I could do a series just on making truck and parts runs like that. On the way down to Pensacola for the frame I had a GMC grille to pick up from another member in Atlanta. although that was uneventful. I had been forewarned about the terrible Atlanta rush hour and we were meeting at 7 in the Bell south parking lot. I made a stop in WVA that put me down there later than I wanted, so I pushed on and slept in the truck at a rest area just outside of the city to be sure I'd hit the urban area plenty early. I arrived about 6:45 to the parking lot. I must have been just ahead of the traffic because it was very light with no backups. We met up and I rolled south out of town going against rush hour, got to my destination before lunchtime. So, the trip down was the opposite, went very smooth.

Other Larry, you gave me an idea for a thread. No videos of parts run adventures, but how about a thread where we can tell then?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote