View Single Post
Old 10-28-2017, 09:47 PM   #6
Thatguywithaneye

Re: Where do I even start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Ten Ring View Post
OMGosh, you are me! I have almost the exact same story, except it was my dad's truck and it's not nearly as nice or as optioned as yours.

OK.....let's break this down.

1). It runs and drives. That's pretty huge.

2). So what do you want? You typed "tune up." If that's all you want then you could be looking at as simple a thing as new spark plugs and maybe a points check. You could be looking at as complicated as a gas tank "renew," new fuel lines, and carb rebuild, new spark plugs, points check, new spark plug wires, new battery cables, new radiator, new hoses, etc. *None of this is very hard to do (I've done it all alone, just with help from this site).

3). You have some body rust, especially around the tool box, and the tool box lid isn't straight. You could be looking at significant body panel repair (welding and painting) which will be expensive.

You've got to give us more info. Do you want to get rid of the rust also?

*Love the story, truck, and paint.

PS: I could view all your pics on that link, you might want to change the privacy settings.
That’s awesome man! I appreciate all the feedback. I will definitely start with those things. I’m looking to do the full restoration and I have a guy who can do the bodywork and the paint. I just gotta get it up to par mechanically! Thank you for all your help.

What’s your trucks story?
Thatguywithaneye is offline   Reply With Quote