View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 01:22 AM   #2884
MARTINSR

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

Sooooo, what did I do today, not a friggin thing on the truck. I had a lazy day for sure. But I did get a few things on ebay to sell, and sold a few things on ebay and got them in the mail to help pay for the truck. All money I make selling this stuff goes into my truck account.

Now, getting back to the truck. My brother was over and just talking in the living room about life and childhood and my truck and his car (his 39 that he bought just a few years after I got my truck in the seventies) and he sparked me a little on the idea of keeping my bed instead of buying a new one. The whole truck has been stripped to bare metal and epoxy primed, was planning on buying a new bed because stripping this one and doing all the body work over would be MASSIVE. But simply sanding this lacquer paint and applying epoxy primer over it wouldn't be a big deal. I just hate to do it being the chain is only as strong as it's weakest link, lacquer primer that's like a friggin wire tie as the first chain link!

But I am giving it all another thought. I would love to have the original bed that I did 40 years ago and get-ur-done!

So I will be thinking.............................. The money for a new bed I could get my motor rebuilt for goodness sakes.

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote