View Single Post
Old 08-20-2021, 05:07 PM   #661
SCOTI

Re: SkinnyG's '61 Apache

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyG View Post
Hmmm....

The blaster cost me $135, though I suspect I was supposed to be charged $235 for it.

I didn't really keep track of the bags of sand, but I probably bought at least seven bags at $14 each. I just kept running the same sand through again and again and again just topping up with new as the old turned to dust and blew away.

Still cheaper than farming it out.

I do not count my time. I'm not losing money doing this myself. If you counted your time, you wouldn't fish; if you counted your time hunting, you wouldn't hunt; if you counted your time chasing women, you wouldn't... well.... you know.
Understood about not losing $$ DIYing it. I was mainly curious about the volume allowed to be 're-used' w/o clogging issues (moisture/debris). Didn't know if you were single passing the volume or multi-pass. Obviously that WOULD make a difference on costs but in all likelihood still be cheaper than farming it out unless one did account for the time required depending on location & availability.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote