Thread: Frankentruck
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2022, 12:32 AM   #994
cwcarpenter98

Re: Frankentruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350TacoZilla View Post
As long as it wasn't custom ordered with anything odd it should have some tall highway gears in it too so might be decent MPG.
I should have taken a picture of it, but the SPID doesn't have a ton of options on it. With the 2 barrel carb and auto, I wouldn't be surprised if it has something like a 2.73 or so rear. The owner said that it drove great down the highway before it got parked. His brother was the last one who drove it, so he's not exactly sure why it got parked. I was quite surprised to see the master cylinder still full of brake fluid. It's old brake fluid, but it doesn't look terrible, so there's a smidge of a chance that they will still work. Probably will blow out a rear wheel cylinder though, so most likely getting all new brakes just for safety's sake.

Dad and I want to do some turkey hunting this season, so with that, finishing up classes, and studying for the CPA exam, I doubt I'll get much of a chance to tinker on the 81. Probably going to be an after graduation project, considering that's coming up in a little over a month. Gosh, my 5 years of college life is about to be over. What did I even learn?

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, Muncie 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350 --> Soon to be 350, Saginaw 4 speed

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote