View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 02:33 PM   #52
Nick_R_23

Re: 1978 Chevy K20 longbed with nearly 500,000 miles! LS Swap begins!

Thank you! And yes, it's certainly nice to be moving the needle more towards the assembly side of things! As far as those LED lights, I think these are the way to go. I've used them on 10+ vehicles now, even 4 wheelers, and haven't had a single failure. I find them on ebay, I believe the seller's name is SOCALLED, but I think there's more than one seller with this style. It's usually a black box with "G6" on the side, although it looks like they may have white boxes now. regardless, they're easy to find in whatever socket size you need, just simply type in "H4 led fanless" (or whatever type you need) and they come up. They're about $41 for a pair, very reasonable.

This weekend I started on rebuilding the hydroboost unit, which probably really didn't need it, but I've never done one before so I wanted to try it. They're almost stupid easy!

Disassembled and painted the housings!

New seals on the actuator shaft.

Paint is dry, lets get this together!

Guts installed, housing bolted back together!

Gas canister installed!

I also started running the wiring for the Holley Terminator X. I greatly underestimated how long the harness is, so I made a change of plans and decided to run the ECU outside, likely in about the same place that the air box will end up being.

Hydroboost is installed! The lines fit just about perfect!

The engine bay as it sits now!

Nick_R_23 is offline   Reply With Quote