View Single Post
Old 03-12-2024, 10:28 AM   #3
jeffahart

Re: Rustoleum paint jobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziegelsteinfaust View Post
A work friend wants to paint his harlequin beater in Rustoleum paint to make it one color. While the car is a early 2000's Toyota Slow-Rolla it should last enough easily to be worthy of atleast cheap 2 part paint job. I offered him to use my yard if he brings it over sanded down. As I have a good enough compressor, and a couple of paint guns.

So my question is how long does Rustoleum last as a car paint in the southern california region?

I get it if your painting a rat rod or something where the car won't last. Or just to get by while you do body work on a driver or project to keep it protected.
I did the inside of my bed with white Rustoleum. You can check out my bed wood thread.

I sprayed it first with rattle can to get coverage. Then sanded smooth. Then I used the canned Rustoleum, same color, with a roller. When you use the roller it lays down flat and smooth. I was actually quite stunned at the results! It's holding up great. Not sure I would do my whole truck that way. Not that it looks that bad, but it is still quite an effort. You still have to prep and sand. Big benefits are: you save money on paint and touch ups of chips or scratches are easy to blend in.

j