View Single Post
Old 06-20-2022, 07:14 PM   #137
sfont66

Re: 72 C10 for my 25th wedding anniversary

Last week, I did fire the engine up just briefly, it ran, had good oil pressure, but didn’t run well. It turns out 2 of the original Ls 6 injectors would stick at random.
I didn’t know this at the time, I had cleaned them, and they really seemed good before I installed them. I just thought I had the wrong injector data. The terminator x came with a 3.5” display, that is limited as far as being able to enter data. I decided to order the USB to CAN harness so I could use a laptop and the tuning software from Holley. I believed at the time that this would help me better tune the injectors.
As it turns out, 1 or 2 of the original ls6 injectors had stuck open when I had shut the engine off. When I went start the engine again it was so full of fuel it would not turn over. I had to pull the spark plugs, drain the oil, remove the injectors, and try to test and clean them again. When cleaning and testing This time, 2 of them would stick open at random times, not good…
I decided to order new injectors that already had data loaded in, and were compatible with the terminator x.
They are actually too big for my current needs, but will support the mods coming later this fall.
The new Holley injectors fit perfectly, and once the new data was loaded to the ECU, the engine fired instantly, but tried to idle at 2500rpm. The IAC had failed and I needed a new one. Once replaced the engine fired and settled in perfect, no leaks , great oil pressure, it came up to temp, and the fans came on, everything seems to be right.
Now to get it out on the road, and let the terminator x learn …..
Attached Images