View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 04:54 AM   #1
betonj97

Finally revealed the new 69 to the forum

I have been lagging to post on this forum for the simple fact I have no time what so ever to post, I go to school full-time, I work, I have a family, and I turn a wrench, and I.....oh wait thats it, I think. To much that goes on, anyhow I am here cause I need to share the love I got for my truck.

This is a 1969 chevy c10 that was originally a CA forest department truck, it had a six in it and was a 4X4. My father in law purchased it and began the build back in 89' and built the truck but then had to move out of state because of work related closures. Life went on and I decided move in on his 69 chevy as I did on his daughter. So three years ago on my birthday he brought it to me for my b-day. I got him again....lol......or did he get me? The truck had been destroyed, the truck was crap compared to what he had it. But its a 69 shortbed, no going back. I have been building it ever since then, full body off and re-sprayed chasis, new lowering springs all the way around, gas tank conversion to the rear, sway bars up front and rear, disk conversion all the way around with a beefy 9" from a lincoln mark V in the rear, oh yeah and crossed drilled and slotted rotors, fully built 700r4 with modified valve body, custom driveline, 68 corvette 327 with many goodies (cam, intake, carb, bored over .60, electric fan, etc.), hide away hitch, new bumpers, new seals, you name it and its just about been done, paint is still not in the budget so its gotta wait.
Lately I have been working on the interior, custom upholstery (bench seat, dash pad, visors, etc.)

The dude in the pics is my broham, the one who has literally poured his blood and sweat over the 69’. Many hours and many more to come, just got her registered last week so we finally got her on the street. It was fun but lots of kinks need to be taken care off before it is truly street safe.

Click on the link to see her, I will be posting more pics when I get a chance. Thanks

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jagpics/
betonj97 is offline   Reply With Quote