View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 10:38 AM   #39
Heavymetl

Re: Anyone here run drag week?

I've participated in several car related events over the years, from Power Tour many times to local events to autocross to drag racing.

Drag Week was probably the most fun of them all, but man it's intense. I don't think I took more than a couple dozen pictures; most of your time and energy is used making the runs, packing up, driving the route, navigating, fixing breakdowns (they WILL happen) and doing it all over again.

I ran an LS1/T56 swap in my 84 Camaro and to increase my chances of finishing, I pulled a trailer with spare parts. Thankfully no major carnage, but needed the toolbox nearly every day. I drove on street tires and swapped the slicks every morning. My best pass of the week was 11.41@122. My car was losing power each day, I kept upping the VE tables (adding more fuel) to compensate, unsure of my problem. When I got home and pulled the tank I discovered my intake fuel hose was deteriorating due to my ignorance...I used hose clamps rather than fuel injection hose clamps. Live and learn!

I'm working on my 1970 C10 now, however it's just a street toy. 5.3, PTE7675 turbo, 4L80E. If I get to sign up for DW2015...I may bring the truck instead and run a string of 11.50's.
Heavymetl is offline   Reply With Quote