View Single Post
Old 09-14-2022, 02:12 PM   #17
mr48chev

Re: remote air compressor timer

In the mid 70's I worked in the shop at Frank Weaver Pontiac in Waco, Tx as the front end man. One of the duties of one of the service writers was to turn off the air compressor at right around 4:55 every day. that was our signal to put tools away and get ready to leave and we all clocked out at exactly 5 pm. I never had an issue with any air tool all the time I worked in that shop.

25 years ago I was working on a dairy farm as the farm mechanic and argue and fuss as I might I couldn't get the owner to drain the compressor tanks on a daily basis. at times when they were cleaning the barn between shifts I would go up and drain as much as 20 gallons of water out of the tanks. He spent several hundred dollars a month on air cylinders because of that. He milks around 7000 cows day now in the new dairy he built when he soldd the two that I worked at and hopefully his mecanic has convinced him that it has to be done to protect equipment.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote