View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 04:24 PM   #182
flips72

Re: My Unexpected '66 SWB-Fleet-Restomod Project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modges'66 View Post
How much base & clear did you end up using?
Did you paint the bottom of your cab & inside the fenders with it too?
I'm trying to get a good idea of how much product that I need to buy, because I want the color to be from the same lot.
I was already thinking that I would need 2 Gallons of clear, unless I pick a color that I can single stage the underside with, and about the same with basecoat....Also pondering the idea of wetsanding it with a DA & 3M foam backed sanding media. I already have all of the 3M polishing media & foam pads.
with the re-spraying of the bed and door, i would say at least 2 gallons of clear and probably the same in base coat, not really sure never really kept up with it, i did so many panels at diffrent times and just mixed it as we went. the bottom of my cab and also the inner side of the fenders and bedsides are done with raptor tintable bedliner so thers is some more base coat, i also used the bedliner in the inside of the truck floor and rear wall for sound deadning. even with solid colors i would get all my material at the same time, thats why i had to re-do the bed,there is about four diffrent mixes for victory red. by the way i love the raptor bed liner material, 4 quarts, a gun and the hardner for 109.00 on ebay with free shipping,and when tinted it looks great.
flips72 is offline   Reply With Quote