View Single Post
Old 06-14-2022, 06:38 PM   #12
HYPR

Re: AC on idle issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87chevy.com View Post
If its gen 4 or 5, similar just need the module to interpret and then send signal to GM ECU.. thats what i do for the genV ac signal request.
Vintage air signal to interface to stock gen5 ecu and works just fine. Why this big company is in the iceage on this is a joke.

Clint
Clint, As you and I have spoken I am still not sure why someone like PSI don't already have a fix for this. Mind you I haven't already spoken to Tony about this point yet so it is possible he already has it resolved so that this is a plug and play. Look as I already stated I am by no means an AC guy, just not in my skill set.
I agree, it is a head scratcher why Vintage Air doesn't already have this resolved. Perhaps because they are more interested in selling you a new Compressor. A one size fits all solution in their minds?
As for me, I have no interest in installing my compressor up high and moving everything else around to accommodate this. On another note why one can't buy a Sanden SD7 NON Variable with the 4 rib compatible pulley already installed is another head scratcher (they do offer a Variable version as a direct replacement). I looked at the SD7 in my '56 and it should fit easily into the stock LT mount location.

Last edited by HYPR; 06-14-2022 at 07:18 PM.
HYPR is offline   Reply With Quote