View Single Post
Old 09-22-2014, 11:26 AM   #33
mcbassin
Still Learning

Re: His 1969 Stepside build

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey8383 View Post
I've seen the holley kit to relocate the ac comp. It seems everybody has a different outcome with the ac comp and trans tunnel and even exhaust manifolds. I want to sit this motor and trans in frame and set my cab on and look at it with my eyes on my truck. What's wrong with using the original motor mounts and adapters? Like this
Joey,
There are tons of guys on here that have used the stock mounts. I think it's safe to say they work out fine. For me, the only reason I with the later version "clam shell" design I had a bad experience with the stock design on my BB 396 truck. It was a long time ago, I hammered the throttle and the driver side mount broke then I trashed my header etc. when the engine torqued. The rubber was the only thing holding it together.
I like the clamshell because the even the rubber breaks, the bolt keeps it from separating. Like I said, just my personal experience. I'm sure you'll be fine with the stock mounts.
The rubber on mine was probably the oem stuff from 1970. Good idea about mocking it up with the cab before finalizing your setup.
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote