View Single Post
Old 10-11-2016, 10:32 PM   #11
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: Adding some Bass

I'll toss in my lil solution for bass in older trucks. Instead of instantly going for a sub, look at the current speaker setup and see if there is room for improvement. What I mean by that is; a basic stereo directly powering a few speakers mounted into kick panels or doors, is leaving some power and some volume on the table going unused.

When we built the setup for my '66, we decided to run a 4channel amp (provides clean, equalized power to all 4 speakers, allowing the head unit to only deal as a reciever), and we mounted the 6.5" components in a box enclosure that made up my center console. This box, along with properly spec'd and amplified components, puts out as much bass as most smaller (8" and cheapy 10") bass-box solutions. The other benefit being a smaller form factor since your not adding as many pieces which require their own air volume. Its just something to consider for any guys in the "design" phase on their project. A little forethought can go a loooong way in terms of function.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote