View Single Post
Old 11-08-2020, 12:08 PM   #52
Bigdually

Re: 1989 GMC 6000 Pickup/Toy Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by STPETEBLUE View Post

I don't mind the roll pan, but I think a step bumper would look even beefier, and I have always liked the style you have. Trouble is, I can't finish out the rear of the truck with a hitch until I get and mount the step bumper. Until then everyone behind me is looking up my ass end.
Did the bumper brackets line up with the frame rails pretty good?
That is exactly the same issue I had, I wanted a drop bumper to really finish out the rear end the way I wanted it to look. The bumper brackets actually lined up really well with the 6" channel sub frame I had to make to raise the bed high enough (7"). I believe your truck has a larger "lift" on the bed. My hitch is mounted directly to the truck frame and ended up coming out just below the bumper like a regular pickup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STPETEBLUE View Post
Well, I have that very genny so I guess I have that covered. I just didn't know if if there was something else out there that I should consider. The genny didn't tip over or anything?
That setup worked really well for me, the unit was pretty stable even at road speed, and especially at parade speed never offered to tip. I had the hardest time keeping the huge inflatable snowman from blowing over