Thread: GM Semis
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 01:01 AM   #112
greywuuf

Re: GM Semis

Quote:
Originally Posted by C10 - C90 Bill View Post
The 5500 Series GMC in the picture is the same "type" of truck, and more like the earlier 9500's, but has many differences. One would be the lighter Front Axel, as well as the entire GVW. Notice that it has Narrow Fenders. The Axel is also more Narrow and probably a very different type in comparison.

Oh I realize the weight carrying differance between the series, just like a c-40 of earlier days will be lighter than a c-60 but the overall "look" is the same ( roughly) body wise,

i was thinking on cutting it down into a welders truck or a utility bed, kinda my go rescue my wife from the snow bank have the chains a winch etc etc , more of an ULTRA duty pickup, I just want it to look as nice as the 9500, love that squeezed down grill ( much like the early topkicks.. 93 or there abouts I think )

I dont have a need for a CDL truck nor do i plan to insure and inspect and upkeep one with a CDL GVW.... so it will be lighter than the 9500 but i really like that body style....the one I pictured looks just enough "off" that I am unsure if they are the "same" body style wise....
greywuuf is offline   Reply With Quote