Thread: Penny
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2022, 11:38 PM   #31
cwcarpenter98

Re: Penny

Well, I can't believe it, but I guess I have to because I was listening to it. Penny fired off this evening for the first time in 20 years. I got the column apart enough to take the ignition cylinder out and was able to use some pliers to turn the engine over. Sure enough, with a little brake clean, she fired right up. All the gas cans were empty, but we had some 40:1 fuel mix for an old leaf blower that doesn't work anymore. Poured way too much in and she fired right up. Took Frankentruck for a spin to get some gas and some dinner then came back to check the gas tank for any leaks. Poured about a gallon and a half in the tank, haven't noticed any leaks yet, and proceeded to fire Penny up again. Sure enough, that carb idled, although high because of all the vacuum leaks, and pulled fuel from the tank. Didn't hear any valvetrain noise either. Boy, am I happy about that. I'm going to get a new key cut this week, start cleaning up the rest of the rodent poop, and figure out which vacuum lines I need to get the carb straightened out. I also need to change out all the fluids. We will see what I can get done this week while fighting some of the Georgia weather.

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote