View Single Post
Old 04-20-2022, 04:46 PM   #316
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Build that 71 402 already

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutone View Post
Nice work. I always dread,(and enjoy), this phase of a build. After one has been apart awhile, things just don't go as planned always. Thanks for the shift diagram as I am waiting for my linkage kit to get here this week, so I can get mine up on the trailer. Its always the little things.
Your paint looks great. It is going to be a super nice truck.
I've found there's so much on this end of the build that needs to be massaged to fit. For instance I installed the lock cylinders today, but of course they wouldn't fit into the doors due a thick finish. So 10 minutes work was about two hours.

The other day I installed the A/C vents assisted by an orange (literally) and heat gun That worked well, but I was reminded of the arthritis in the thumbs screwing the vents on. On a side, perhaps GM installed the duct hoses on the vents with a dash of glue? Seems all my vents had some, but it doesn't appear necessary, I don't see these coming off unless it's on purpose. I had to buy a "new" RH vent bezel. Of course that didn't quite fit right either, another spot for the heat gun. But wow am I impressed with GM parts, it's really good stuff. Far and away better than even luxury cars today.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote