Thread: My First C60..
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 09:34 PM   #11
monte0185

Re: My First C60..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Tractorguy View Post
Going off those numbers you're probably going to want to keep an eye out for a Brownie box or a higher ratio differential carrier. My '61 5000 GMC has 6.50 - 9.04 for the rear. 5th gear direct in HI was about 35+/-mph at 2000rpm. Put a 3spd Spicer 5531 with a 27% overdrive behind the main transmission, picked it up to 45-50mph.

Very cool truck! Highly recommend keeping those heavy axles and Daytons. A C60 on 1-ton axles just don't look right...
Thanks!! I was looking for a newer semi rear end with alot lower gears to put in the originals place with 10 lug rims then conversation the front hubs to 10 lug. Seen a video where they did a bus like that. I wanna keep it heavy duty but I wanna lower it and put it on air and make it drivable so I can haul my pro street square and my brothers Vette to long distance shows. I was also considering a nv4500 swap as well. Hope that makes sense.. here a pic of my toy!!
Attached Images

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.
monte0185 is offline   Reply With Quote