View Single Post
Old 01-31-2022, 02:26 PM   #9
Ziegelsteinfaust

Re: 73 Squarebody Suspension Recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Have you plotted out what benefits there will be from doing the "Gulstrand/Shelby" mods? I'm curious of what gains are achieved.
No I don't know how to do that, but I measured against the new improved version of a F body Gulstrand modded sub frame I had access too. Then took the spindle height vs A-arm positions on center in the vertical plane. And did some algebra or something to get a number I was satisfied with. Roughly 3/4-7/8 of a inch.

All in it felt snappier to me, and maybe a touch more planted. Then it did before the truck Gulstrand mod I did. I had relocated the lower A arms previously, but did not have my good drill at that point. Friend had borrowed it for a month. Plus being in a hurry I just did it later.

The truck was a freshened up 1973 C20 with C10 springs, and removed leafs in the back with a drop shackle to level it off. I was running PYO rims with 265-70r16 front, and 285-70r16 rears. The tires were E rated AT tires.

All in all I will do it again to my sub frame I am modding now. My knee is feeling better, and after chores I may spend sometime working on it again today.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote