View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 06:55 PM   #85
Root2812

Re: Pre-LS swap questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidaxel View Post
Any more info on the Epoxy for Nylon 66?
Here is my update. So I went to a plastics company and got an epoxy that is designed to work with thermoplastics (nylon 66). I have $0 in this LS6 intake so I tossed $30 at the epoxy just to try it and so far I am impressed. This stuff cures hard and I couldn't get it to come off of the plastic once its on there. I am 100% confident that this stiff can fix an intake. The repair is going to come down to my ability to get the opening round and smooth so the oring can seal. My engine build won't be ready to run for a while so I won't have any official results until the end of the summer. I also need to paint the intake to cover up the repair. Here are the pics.

Broken Parts

First things was to wash the filthy parts. Then I used the Plexus MA310 thermoplastic epoxy to fix the broken nipple for the vacuum. It was broke off and split so I repaired it and then sanded it smooth with some flexable sand paper left over from a plumbing job.

Then I had to repair the intake by fixing the split circle and then dropping it in the front of the intake so it would fall to the rear and could be attached. The key here is to use a dremmel to smooth out the jagged edges so you can get things to settle into place.

Then sand smooth

So I am going to paint it next, then reinsert the MAP port, and then test it out. this fall when I have some concrete results I will write up a how to or something.