View Single Post
Old 11-29-2022, 03:50 PM   #1048
mr48chev

Re: Post your C/L - Facebook finds for everyone to enjoy!

My buddy had a TF 1 ton with a hoist and flatbed for years. Nice truck that we hauled all kinds of stuff with, towed stuff all over with and it was a great little truck. He sold it to a Cemetery association to use in the cemetery somewhere here in the PNW.

I don't know if that 55 would be worth 10 K without a lot of extras but that would be great to redo but not overdo to have as your haul most anythign work truck.

The big problem with it is that if you have a truck with a flatbed and hoist your wife is always dreaming up projects that it can do. Haul top soil, haul gravel for the driveway, haul a load of mulch for the garden, Haul off a load of ????? then another load. Great for hauling firewood home too.

At the south end of Whidbey Island that one is going to take some spendy ferry rides or a lot of driving if you come from the south. Plus unless they have equipment you have to figure out how to either load or haul that steel flatbed.

Truth be, this might be one of those days it is a good thing that I don't have a lot of extra spending money as have wanted a 55/56 since the 70's. That and my trailer won't handle that much weight.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.

Last edited by mr48chev; 11-29-2022 at 04:08 PM.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote