View Single Post
Old 01-30-2022, 05:35 PM   #321
Paul Y

Re: The English are coming! Or..another C10 in the Motherland.

So... 20 days ago we were here....

What has been consuming the past 20 mind numbing boring days you might ask?

Well getting to this point

Part of me didn't want to post this update as it must be as boring for you as it is for me but hey! Misery loves company right?

Even dog couldn't bring herself to watch anymore....

Did also weld up a few of the redundant holes in the firewall as well as the one where the clutch rod resided.

Also managed to weld up the speedo hole but realised my mistake and just drilled it back out. Doh!

What is the positive then Paul? 2. No, make the 3 things actually.

1. 100mm Knott Wheels of Truth (tm) are the way forward.

2. Sweeping the floor after bare metalling the floor and firewall Woody has lost a few more pounds. - Good job too as I have gained a few over Christmas.

3. The garage is actually quite tidy now.

This week I will be making a buy to get all of the materials needed to paint as pretty sure another 3-4 hours will get me to the point where all the holes are filled and the old underseal has been banished.

Phew.

I also had one of those birthday things a few weeks back. A positive on having loads of children, the majority of whom are now off the payroll and earning their own keep, is that when they ask what you would like to mark your King Day and you tell them they throw money at the request which means I was half way to buying another missing component.

Not exactly overnight parts from Japan but....

This is a pretty comprehensive kit and well worth the money as it includes new headlight switch, ignition switch, dimmer switch etc etc. Consider me spoilt.

Now, if any one knows where there is a t56 I might actually get somewhere!

Until the next 'riveting' update and with ith the clock ticking until the 9th April deadline I will bid you good night

ONWARDS!!!

P.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=658621

If it goes wrong, I blame the Internet...
Paul Y is offline   Reply With Quote