View Single Post
Old 06-03-2022, 03:36 PM   #19
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Slow Progress is better than No Progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYNAVY30 View Post
Thanks, in my case, the sensor is receiving power directly through the Holley Dominator ECU, so ideally, that should in limit the voltage spikes.

I've ordered all my replacements directly from Holley, though these do have a reputation for questionable quality. So far, I got:

6 years out of sensor #1
7 months out of sensor #2
1 month out of sensor #3
24 hours out of sensor #4

sensor #5 is in the car as it sits, which is what got me home from work the last time I was left stranded, but like I said, I'm hesitant to drive the damn thing because theres typically no warning or indication. The sensor fails, AFR spikes at an indication of 36.5, and the truck dies.
Yikes! That's terrible. I would certainly dive into the electrical side. Find someone with a Pico or other wave form diagnostic troubleshooting equipment and take a look at what exactly is happening electrically. You may find the ECU power output has gone out of specification or there is induced AC voltage.
If your not familiar with using oscilloscopes to test these kinds of problems take a look a ScannerDanner's U-tube channel. Lots to learn there.

Good luck and now the hijacking is completed its back to your regularly scheduled thread.
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote